What To Expect At Your Complimentary First Visit
Upon your entrance at Scottsdale Orthodontic Care, you will be greeted by a member of our wonderful and friendly staff. Our computerized dental records system will be described and shown to you for future appointments and procedures. If you have not filled out the registration forms on line, you will be given the chance at this time to finish the required paperwork for insurance, health and dental record purposes.
In most circumstances, our new patient manager will review these records with you and gather some initial x-ray and photo data so that Dr. Grob may discuss a diagnosis and treatment plan with you.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer questions such as:
- What sort of problem is existent, if any?
- What type of treatment is designated?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What is the cost of the treatment?
- How long will treatment take?
- What happens if I do nothing?
In addition to the preliminary photos and x-rays, some additional diagnostic records may be made depending on the discoveries.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- X-rays of the whole head and dental regions including 3d cone beam digital imaging when designated.
- Plaster casts of your teeth placed in a special device to show your natural chewing motion.
- Doctor’s reviewing the diagnostic records and deciding the best path of treatment.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The price of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have a variety of payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from the majority of insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable and in most situations, the monthly cost is less than many cable or phone bills!
We Offer Like Procedure Like Time Scheduling
In order to be fair to everyone and encourage a schedule that stays on time, we use a system that arranges for similar procedures to be grouped at certain times of the day. This serves to reduce wait time, manage rare emergency appointments and provide for the most available times before and after school. Please understand if we request that you adhere to this schedule whenever possible. You will find that very few appointments will need to be made during school or business hours.